Thursday, September 6, 2007

Introducing...

...our son. The most beautiful child we've ever seen. We are humbled and in awe of this little work of art.



Born Tuesday, September 4th at 9:02 am via an emergency C-section. We actually started laboring about midnight the night before, so the induction was not even needed. By the time we got to the hospital I was dilated to 5 and within an hour I was at 7. An epidural was started and in about 4 more hours we were at a full 10. Everything seemed to be going wonderfully for the first 20 minutes of hard labor, but little J's heart rate started dropping. And then I acquired a fever. Just too keep his birth as stressless as possible a C-section was decided upon. And everything was fine. I don't remember much as I was pretty dosed up, but I remember seeing N's face and hearing him say, "He's beautiful sweetie. Perfect in every way possible." His voice was shaking with emotion and tears were in his eyes. I was so in love with N at that point! But I hadn't yet seen my son.

The little one looks just like Daddy and has his laid back personality. So far the only time he seems to cry is when he's hungry or needs to be changed. But when he does cry, he's definitely got his Momma's temper. Otherwise, he's perfectly content to sit and observe everything around him without a peep.

Thank you Lord!




We cannot thank you all enough for the outpour of love, prayers, and generous support you've shown us. A year ago we'd never imagined being this blessed. Never. And your support all this time since then has what has carried us through to today. Thank you will never be sufficient...but we hope you can see the joy in our faces. :-)

No comments: