Tuesday, May 25, 2010

One of THOSE Days




So today N wakes up and is sick. Sinus stuff, feels like a cold is coming on. Praying the rest of us can steer clear of it. He decided to stay home today. But since he was parked behind me in the driveway, I just took his truck. I don’t like driving it. It’s too big. Or I'm too small. My feet seriously can't touch the floor and that's with the seat moved down to the best position possible. I feel like I'm driving a semi. But I didn’t really feel like re-parking on the street, so I just grabbed his keys and took the boys to school. Bubby has a meltdown and won’t go to even his favorite teacher who he lunges for every morning. I leave him behind in tears. Monkey has a meltdown because I only packed regular pancakes and not the chocolate chip pancakes. I forgot the boxes of baby clothes I promised Monkey’s teacher for her new grand-nephew and we’re out of checks, so I have to go to the bank to get a money order to pay for this week’s tuition.

Can I go back home and start this day over?

As I drive into my parking spot at work, I hit the car next to me. It’s just a scratch, but it’s a 2 foot long deep scratch and the lady will probably have to get her whole rear quarter panel replaced. (Probably because the truck is too big and I have a hard time judging how much space I need.) To top it off, we just bought the truck from N’s mother and the insurance isn’t even transferred over to our name yet. So whatever we do, it’ll be cash out of pocket, because I don’t want it to go on her insurance.

I think I want to run away to Australia.

9 comments:

The Moshells said...

That is a terrible, no good, very bad day! So sorry friend, praying for you right now that the day will completely turn around for the better. I totally hit a car backing up in the parking lot and you may want to talk to hubby's mom about what the insurance will do. They may just cover it, or it will be a small deductible that you can pay her. Big hug to you!!

The Mills Gang said...

It does sound like a terrible day for you. I pray it will get better. I pray that God would comfort you and hold you throughout the rest of the day.
BUT if you do decide to head to Australia, I would be more than happy to tag along....

Raina said...

Yuck, I'm sorry. Sending you a hug and a prayer for a better rest of the week!

TeamBortzfield said...

A, sounds like you need a happy hour! It will all work out just fine I promise~

Simply...Gluten-free said...

I would say it is definately cocktail time for you!

Pandamonium said...

I feel you on the "too big to drive it car". Kelly's old Explorer and I didn't match up very well - I felt uncomfortable every time I drove it. I'm so sorry your day was horrible! (But, I LOVE that children's book!)

Leslie said...

Oh, Momma, so sorry for the rough day.

But I think you do a great job of driving the big truck.....well, except for "Oh my god, we're all gonna die, we're all gonna die".

Miss ya! Hope you are feeling much better very quickly.

AW said...

LMAO@Leslie!!!! Hahahaha! I'd forgotten about that...too quickly. Hahahaha!

Ashley Franks said...

I'm sorry! Sounds like a horrible. Just know, it can only get better from here!