Friday, June 22, 2007

Everybody's Kung Fu Fighting!

Okay, not everyone. But little Monkey Boy has been on a tear the last two days. Seriously. Sometimes I'm literally in physical pain. Usually I get a few hours of peace while he's sleeping. But yesterday and today it's been nonstop. He's been awake since about 4:30 this morning practicing karate or tae bo or something in there. He hasn't sat still for a moment!

Hmm. Maybe it's the chocolate cake I ate for breakfast? But it was such a tiny sliver! And I did eat an egg-white omelet before that, so somehow that has to even out right?

For you mommas out there, is it normal for a kiddo to be THIS active in the 7th month? If a fist pops out of my belly button should I be alarmed? Can I just poke it back in like an outie belly button? Maybe he's getting annoyed with all the Braxton Hicks action. Squish, squish, squish.

I keep imagining that Star Wars scene where Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, and Han Solo are stuck in that trash incinerator that's squishing them. I know he thinks I'm the one behind the squishing and he's just getting me back!

Anyone have any ideas on how I can inform Monkey Boy that I have no control over Braxton Hicks? Or any good ideas for a safe sedative to settle him down?

I'm kidding people, I'm kidding! :-D

Maybe.

Everyone have a great weekend! Hubs and I are off on a mini-honeymoon for a few days. Our last trip before MB's arrival and while I can still get around without feeling like too much of a cow in 100 degree Texas weather. But Sweet Husband's still making me wear a maternity bathing suit* for a portion of this trip, so don't even think of asking for pictures when I return!

* Now there's one of those things that you mothers never warn us first-timers about, like constipation and incessant heartburn. Thanks for letting me know about how fun maternity bathing suit shopping is! I'll remember this I promise. Someday when your toddler gets an anonymous gift of a drum kit or a tuba for his birthday, I knows nothing. Nothing.

No comments: