Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cousins!

Some of N's favorite childhood memories are with his cousins. I have one cousin who is about 15 years younger than me, so the cousin memories I have are mostly of me babysitting. But N has 9 cousins, most of which are close to his age. So when the parents got together, all the cousins would gather to play or spend time getting in trouble together.

This weekend, two of his cousins were in town, one of which has a little girl a few months older than JK. So it was fun to see N and his cousin C with the "next generation". They got along so well and were so cute together.


Here is E sharing her toys with JK...such a gracious little girl!




Gramma and Daddy teaching the monkeys to jump on the sofa. This is going to take forever to teach him NOT to do that...




Sharing a hotdog to refuel. There is something about the expression on JK's face that I just love. So ornery!




Once refueled, attempting the jumping without supervision. A.K.A giving Momma a stroke.




One of the things I really loved about E is that she was a total tom-girl. She actually outpaced JK and it was so funny to watch him try to keep up with her. A few times she took him down, which was very funny! This was just a hug, believe it or not!




The two generations...




The biggest event tonight though, was N's other cousin R getting engaged!!! R was kind of the baby of the cousin group, so this was quite the announcement.


R and his lovely bride-to-be...




R and J toasting...




Celebrating with cake...



J, you are going to marry into one spectacular family! When I said yes to N, I had no idea what an amazing blessing I was about to receive along with my marriage. I hope you find solace and joy in this special group of people like I have!

R, congratulations sweetie! We love you so much and are so happy you've found your place in life with the right lady at your side. The last few years have contained some spectacular changes in our lives. God has been good to all of us!

2 comments:

The Mills Gang said...

Cousins are the best! I always love it when we can spend time with our cousins!!
I can't help but crack up at the pic where the kids are on the couch and there is a man on the couch too with a "soother" in hand! Sometimes those help get us through!!! :)

Cubstarr said...

Hee hee! All I can think about is that little song: "Two little monkeys jumping on the bed..." =) Uh oh! I can already picture your two little monkeys geting into trouble together.