Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Waddling Has Officially Begun

The past couple days I've felt "different". That pain in my upper abdomen I've been struggling with? It's still there, but with much less intensity. I've been able to breathe a little easier and actually eat some without being in too much pain. But I've had this funny pressure in my pelvis that makes me feel like I'm walking with a basketball between my legs. It's a rather painful sensation, as there is a lot of pulling in my groin area, but I've discovered I can walk it off a bit. First thing in the morning or first thing after sitting for awhile is where it's tough. It takes a bit of activity on my legs for it to go away. But not too much, because then it comes back. LOL!

So...after speaking to some mom friends, I've been told that I've "dropped".

According to the doctor I met last week (not my OB, but another doc in her practice), he's grown a lot and is on target to be about 8 - 8 1/2 lbs if I go full-term.

Huh?

*gulp*

I have another sono and a doctor's appointment scheduled next Tuesday to see how close we really are. Although I want him to be as healthy and full-formed as possible, I'm really hoping it doesn't take the full 40 weeks. And I'm hoping even more that the doctor's measurements last week were a little inflated. I don't see my little body pushing out an 8 1/2 lb marshmallow, let alone a child.

Officially 5 more weeks to go. Just one more step closer to meeting this little guy!

No comments: