Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hair Help

Local ladies, I need some help! I'm looking for a new hairstylist. My hairstylist is pretty good, but I feel our relationship has run it's course. He is a beautiful hair artist, but our time to part has come.

When I first met Miguel, he was a sad, depressed soul, having lost his partner of 17 years to cancer. I really felt for him and did all I could to encourage and comfort him during my visits. Slowly he started coming out of his shell and I started seeing his face brighter and more lively as the years went on.

I didn't realize this, but Miguel taught me that cancer is another word for "cirrhosis of the liver due to alcoholism."

Regardless, I could tell that Miguel was finding some healing and moving on and that made me happy!

But at some point, I began questioning exactly where he was moving to. It started last year when he confided to me in hushed tones that a UFO had come to visit his backyard, blowing back the curtains and blinds in his open bedroom window. The Visitors, he insisted, were just curious about him and his toy Yorkie, Preston.

Um, okay.

Now as I write that, I'm wondering if their alien curiosity was ever sated...

The visit after that he said he came to Christ and proclaimed he was "done with men. Jesus was the only man he needed."

Wow. I'm stunned. I'm not sure what to say, but great news!

Since then Miguel has had some, um, major alterations surgically done to his body in Latin America and I'm no longer sure if I call him Miguel or Michelle.

I guess Jesus really was the only man he needed!

I won't even go into detail about the time he said he is gifted and can read people's minds.

I think that's where I started really getting uncomfortable with him. I mean, what if he can? I'm not sure I want a man (woman?) with sharp objects around my head, knowing that I think he's very talented, but one sandwich short of a picnic.

Anyways, I digress...

ALL THAT TO SAY, I'm looking for someone that listens to my hair desires, doesn't cost an arm and a leg, preferably has all his/her God-given body parts, but most importantly DOES GOOD HAIR!

Any suggestions? I'm at one of those desperate moments where I'm about to hit SuperCuts. And for my wavy, coarse, Irish/Japanese hair, that's a really BAD idea!

10 comments:

~Shelia said...

The Styling Hutch. The town north of you. Specializes in curly...and since I have persnickety wavy, über-fine, Irish-Danish-English-german hair I can vouch for their giftedness. So can Elisa's friend, "Dr. Jen".

Good luck.

Molly said...

There must be at least 15 girls that we know that are now going to my stylist. She's near the Collin Creek Mall at Salons on the Creek. Let me know if you decide to give her a call! I'll email you her info...I just feel a little weird putting her name and number up for the whole internet to see...if anyone else wants her info, let me know!

Mandi said...

I'm going to see the lady Molly's talking about TOMORROW! YAY! I can't wait. She's lovely and pretty inexpensive - regular cut/trim is $40. No nonsense kinda girl. She also does Dana's. :)

Keith said...

Ok, these other two gals have GREAT HAIR that suggested the girl in Collin Creek. But, I will tell you that I LOVE LOVE LOVE going to Stephanie at Peyton Thomas in Southlake. I have wavy coarse (although not Irish/Japanese) hair. The cut she gave me (in Sept) was like a total person makeover because it made me feel like I haven't felt in years! I turned around to see the final product and I was amazed. I LOVED it!! It was somewhere around $50. I loved it so much I will be going back to her for my next cut--and you know I live in Houston and she's in Southlake!

Anonymous said...

What in the world? Aliens?

aackles said...

Charlotte is the best! I have been going to her for almost 10 years. She is fabulous! Same lady as Molly and Mandi!

Ashley Franks said...

I love my girl. Her name is Jennifer and all of my friends go to her. Let me know if you want her number. She's extremely inexpensive!!!

Leslie said...

I totally have to try Molly's person. People have been telling me for 3 years to try her and I still haven't....

Crazy story about Miguel/Michelle!

Raina said...

I've been seeing Virgina at the Ulta Salon by the Collin Creek Mall. She's $50, really listens to what you want done, and is wonderful.

Mie said...

Ok...I'm a little late but if you didn't find someone you like yet I finally found someone I like. He's at Salon Pompeo and his name is Aubrey. He's the one I've been seeing since I chopped all my hair off. Of course, its downtown, so maybe not the most friendly place to go, but if you're desperate!