Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Joy

This little guy just DOES IT for me, yanno? Every morning, I am blessed to see this little face within minutes of waking up. It just starts my day off in the very best way possible!




What blows me away, is if this is how I feel about my imperfect little son, how then must God in His infinite amount of unconditional love, feel about ME? If I am to believe Scripture, which I do, my love affair for Monkey is NOTHING in comparison to the love affair God feels with me. And that my friends, is just simply beyond my comprehension.

For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
- John 3:16 (New Living Translation)


Do I love anyone in this world so much that I'd be willing to let this little face be tortured and then slain on a cross? I think not!!! Thank God that God is God and I am not. Nobody would be saved if it were left up to limitations.

And it puts Mary's obedience and faith in our Heavenly Father, at level that is just hard for me to fathom.

3 comments:

The Mills Gang said...

Well said!! I feel the exact same way. It is hard to imagine that kind of love!!!

Cubstarr said...

SO ADORABLE!!! That smile would melt anyones frown.

Also, ditto on The Mills comment... ;)

TeamBortzfield said...

You're so right! Thanks for the pic what a smile and his bed head is ultra cool!